Don’t have 30 minutes for a full workout this week? Indulge in movement snacks throughout the week. Pick a short workout, martial art move or parkour technique to practice that lasts 5 to 10 minutes.
Even if you have time to train, indulging in movement snacks keeps life interesting. Here are some suggestions:
- Whenever you see a potential parkour obstacle, just train on your parkour moves.
- Need a break from work? Do pushups or other simple workouts.
- Just saw an awesome kick sequence on YouTube? Spend 5 minutes each day to learn it.
By spending time to learn or practice random moves, you become better at the move and break the monotony of routine. Sean Rogers has explained the concept of movement snacks and how to implement them in your daily life. Look at number 20 on this list for his explanation.
Share your thoughts…
- Have you ever practised movement snacks? Share your experience.
- Name one simple movement snack (be it fitness, parkour, martial arts or dance) that anyone can do.